Sorry, this job has expired.
Under the direction of Retail Supervisor/Manager, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Greets and acknowledges guests
• Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible
• Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
• Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
• Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
• Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
• Maintains records related to sales
• Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
• Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
• Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift and signs off on bank slip.
• Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
• Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
• Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
• Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
• Completes all related close-out paperwork
• Rotates to other areas as needed
• Reports to work scheduled events on a timely basis
• Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
• Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
• Verifies and is responsible for bank balance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Previous experience in cash handling required
• Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required
• Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
• Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
• Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
• Maintains good personal hygiene in a clean and complete uniform
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to stand for entire length of shift
• Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
• Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
• Visual ability sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
• Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
• May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
• May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on the season
• May be required to work overtime on short notice
*All positions require you to successfully complete a pre-employment background check.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer